Prospective StudentsInternational StudentCurrent StudentProa PortalSummer AvatarROTC Avatar

Additional NMC English Placement Test Scheduled (June 7, 2012)

UPDATED: June 11, 2012

The Northern Marianas College will be extending the time to take the English placement test on Friday, June 8, 2012 to 4:00 pm and will be conducting an additional English placement test on the following dates:

English Placement Test Schedule:

June 8 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Building M
June 11 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Building M
June 12 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Building M

The math placement test will also be conducted on the following dates:

Math Placement Test Schedule:

June 11 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Room A-9
June 12 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Room A-9

Registration for the NMC’s Regular Summer Session will begin on Monday, June 11, 2012 and will continue until Wednesday, June 13, 2012. Application for admissions will be accepted until the last day of registration provided that placement tests have been taken.

There is a $25 fee for each placement test that must be paid in advance at the NMC Cashier (M-F, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm). No one will be allowed into the testing room without proof of payment (a receipt for the placement test fee, or the NMC application fee). Payment for the application fee will cover the English placement test fee. Students who have a fee waiver must obtain a placement test slip from the Office of Admissions and Records prior to taking the test.

Test takers must also bring a valid photo ID (driver’s license, passport or school ID) and pencils. No admittance to the testing room will be allowed after the starting time.

Those who wish to take the English placement test are strongly encouraged to contact the Language and Humanities Department (Building M) to schedule an appointment. There is also a signup sheet for the English placement test in Building M.

“Walk-in” test takers will be accommodated based on seat availability. The average time to complete the English placement test is between 1.5 and 2.5 hours.

To schedule an appointment to take the English placement test or for more information, contact Jim Kline at 234-5498 Ext. 2017, Tom Colton at 234-5498 Ext. 2009, or Elsie Skang-Ngewakl at Ext. 2014.

Calculators may be used when taking the math placement test. Test takers are not allowed to take the math placement test more than once. The only exception to this condition is for those who have NOT taken a math class within one year of taking the math placement test.

If you have any questions about the math placement test, call the Sciences, Mathematics, Health & Athletics Dept. at 234-5498 ext. 1202 or 1212.

For additional information about the placement tests and registration for the Summer 2012 semester, log on to

:::  Back to NMC News list  :::

Notice to Persons with Disabilities

Northern Marianas College (NMC) is committed to ensuring that all persons have equal access to its programs, opportunities, and information resources, including those on its institutional website in accordance to the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

We apologize for any inconvenience as we work on bringing NMC’s website into full compliance. For immediate assistance, please contact Lucille Deleon Guerrero by email [email protected] or by calling (670) 237-6874.

If you wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on NMC’s website, including a complaint about the accessibility of a document, form, or statement, you may do so by contacting the NMC’s IT Department by email at [email protected]. In your email please include the following information:

  1. The URL you are having accessibility issues with;
  2. The accessibility issue your are experiencing;
  3. Your name, phone number, and email address.

If you would like to file a formal grievance against the Northern Marianas College pursuant to the requirements of Section 504 and Title II, you may submit such grievance to the Office of the NMC President, P.O. Box 501250, Saipan MP 96950 or email [email protected].

You may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) Office for Civil Rights. More information about filing a complaint with USDOE can be found at