Prospective StudentsInternational StudentCurrent StudentProa PortalSummer AvatarROTC Avatar

NMC Offers Nursing Assistant Certificate Program (March 12, 2018)

The Northern Marianas College Nursing Program, in collaboration with the CNMI Area Health Education Center, is offering a Nursing Assistance Certificate Program which will run for six (6) weeks or a total of one hundred and fifty (150) credit hours.

This course will prepare entry-level nursing assistants to provide basic nursing care to the elderly, ill, and persons with disabilities in long-term care, hospitals, clinics, schools, and home health settings. It is designed for any student or individual interested in beginning a career as a nursing assistant, individuals interested in taking a nursing course but still at developmental English and math levels, and for persons already employed as a nursing assistant but have not completed formal course work.

The course, approved by the Northern Mariana Islands (NMI) Board of Nursing, will also prepare participants to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Competency Examination. After successfully completing the course, certified participants will be eligible to take the NNAAP Competency Examination under NMI Board of Nursing, Northern Mariana Islands, be licensed as a Certified Nursing Assistant(CNA), be placed on the NMI Board of Nursing Registry for Nursing Assistants, and may practice as a CNA in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Territories or U.S. mainland.

The training will run from June 11, 2018, through July 21, 2018. Registrants must have high school diploma or equivalent; must have a minimum English placement level of EN093 & EN084; and must have a minimum math placement level – MA 091.

Students must also meet NMC admission requirements, which includes a completed NMC Admission Application Form and a Health Evaluation Form. Students must also pay a (non-refundable) application fee – $25 for residents or $50 for non-residents; submit an official high school or high school equivalent transcript, and a copy of a valid, government-issued, photo ID. The cost for the nursing assistant certificate program will include payment for six (6) non-degree credits for a total of 150 hours; applicable college fees; a physical examination fee; BLS/CPR class fee; required clinical supplies and uniform; two NMC Nursing Program logo patches; and a CHCC hospital student name badge.

For more information, contact the NMC Nursing Department by phone at (670) 237-6743 or 6744 and ask for Andrew Mendiola, Administrative Assistant III or Rosa M. Tudela, RN, Nursing Department Chair. They may also be reached by email at [email protected] or [email protected].

:::  Back to NMC News list  :::

Notice to Persons with Disabilities

Northern Marianas College (NMC) is committed to ensuring that all persons have equal access to its programs, opportunities, and information resources, including those on its institutional website in accordance to the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

We apologize for any inconvenience as we work on bringing NMC’s website into full compliance. For immediate assistance, please contact Lucille Deleon Guerrero by email [email protected] or by calling (670) 237-6874.

If you wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on NMC’s website, including a complaint about the accessibility of a document, form, or statement, you may do so by contacting the NMC’s IT Department by email at [email protected]. In your email please include the following information:

  1. The URL you are having accessibility issues with;
  2. The accessibility issue your are experiencing;
  3. Your name, phone number, and email address.

If you would like to file a formal grievance against the Northern Marianas College pursuant to the requirements of Section 504 and Title II, you may submit such grievance to the Office of the NMC President, P.O. Box 501250, Saipan MP 96950 or email [email protected].

You may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) Office for Civil Rights. More information about filing a complaint with USDOE can be found at