Prospective StudentsInternational StudentCurrent StudentProa PortalVote AvatarROTC Avatar

NMC now accepting Framingham applications (November 7, 2019)

Northern Marianas College is now accepting applications for a Master of Education Degree with a concentration in International Teaching from Framingham State University.

Framingham State University, in partnership with International Education Programs Inc., a non-profit education organization in Massachusetts, has been offering graduate degree programs abroad for almost 30 years now.

The Master of Education Degree program with a concentration in International Teaching has been offered at NMC for 18 years, with more than 300 educators graduating from the program. The current cohort of educators to undertake this degree program will be finishing their M.Ed. program in December 2019.

Framingham's Master of Education Degree with a Concentration in International Teaching is a special program that was developed for teachers working in American and international schools abroad. The program consists of nine four-credit graduate courses in education (36 semester hours overall), and the successful completion of a comprehensive portfolio.

The curriculum was specifically designed to meet the needs of a diverse teacher population, addressing major education topics and issues relevant to all instructional levels. The courses provide a background in educational foundations and philosophy, instructional strategies, curriculum design, research, and the teaching of English as a second language. These on-site graduate programs provide affordable, accredited advanced degrees for educators.

The courses are held in a hybrid format with graduate faculty from Framingham State University traveling to Saipan to teach in the classroom in a face-to-face format. School superintendents, principals, special education directors, and school counselors are among the very experienced cadre of instructors utilized in these specialized courses. Framingham State University is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.

The new cohort for the Master of Education degree program will begin in the spring semester of 2020. Three courses are offered each semester to meet the Saipan Higher Education Financial Assistance guidelines for aid.

More information on the admissions process may be obtained by contacting the NMC Community Development Institute at 237-6802/6810 or emailing CDI program manager Les Ogumoro-Uludong at [email protected]

Seating is limited for this upcoming cohort, so those interested are advised to register now.

:::  Back to NMC News list  :::

Notice to Persons with Disabilities

Northern Marianas College (NMC) is committed to ensuring that all persons have equal access to its programs, opportunities, and information resources, including those on its institutional website in accordance to the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

We apologize for any inconvenience as we work on bringing NMC’s website into full compliance. For immediate assistance, please contact Lucille Deleon Guerrero by email [email protected] or by calling (670) 237-6874.

If you wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on NMC’s website, including a complaint about the accessibility of a document, form, or statement, you may do so by contacting the NMC’s IT Department by email at [email protected]. In your email please include the following information:

  1. The URL you are having accessibility issues with;
  2. The accessibility issue your are experiencing;
  3. Your name, phone number, and email address.

If you would like to file a formal grievance against the Northern Marianas College pursuant to the requirements of Section 504 and Title II, you may submit such grievance to the Office of the NMC President, P.O. Box 501250, Saipan MP 96950 or email [email protected].

You may also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) Office for Civil Rights. More information about filing a complaint with USDOE can be found at