Department: University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD)Pay Level & Step: 32/01-02Annual Salary: $32,419.71 - $33,554.40Location: As Terlaje Campus, SaipanOpening Date: April 01, 2021Closing Date: April 15, 2021 or Until Filled
Nature of the Position
Plan, direct, or coordinate University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) administrative services including records and information management, mail distribution, and other office support services. The position is under the direct supervision of the UCEDD Director or their designee. This position is for a limited term appointment, not to exceed September 30, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of administrative or related work experience.
All post-secondary education degrees must be from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution. All candidates must have a demonstrable ability to work with various College stakeholders in a respectable and collegial manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong computer background including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, and database, preferably Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications.
- Able to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, and other college stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while maintaining composure under stressful conditions.
- Completes and prioritizes tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Takes initiative and works both independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to present information in a clear and professional manner.
- Evidence of commitment to collaboration and transparence and evidence of effective collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Provides effective phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities.
- Administrative assistance duties with office management
- Assists with coordinating events and disseminating UCEDD information and products that are aligned with our Scope of Work
- Inputs and manages data on National Information and Reporting System (NIRS) database, UCEDD Drive, Products, Inventory, etc.
- Assists with the monitoring of all current planned events, activities, and projects
- Assists with maintaining budget accounts and ensuring compliance with federal and local regulations.
- Assists with the preparation and review of operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Acquires, distributes, and stores supplies.
- Analyzes internal processes, recommends and implements procedural or policy changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position
Must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The individual in this position will frequently communicate with students and their colleague(s) in order to exchange information in various situations. Occasionally lifts office products and supplies, weighing up to 10 Ibs.
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment may vary.
This position is classified as Non-Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is “Covered”: Is eligible to receive overtime payment for each hour worked in excess of forty (40) within the given workweek.
Employment application forms are available at the Human Resources Office of the College and a pdf. file can be downloaded from our website: NMC Employment Application Form using Adobe Acrobat. Please submit the following documents to the HR Office: Complete employment application form, detailed Resume, Authorization for Release of Prior Employment Information/Consent to Background Check, and copies of all college transcripts (all official transcripts are required upon hire). Optional: Cover Letter. ***The Employment Application must be completely filled and all required documents must be submitted by the closing date. The Human Resources Office may NOT PROCESS and may REJECT any application deemed incomplete. Reference to “See Attached Resume” will not be accepted.
All post-secondary education degrees must be from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution. It is our requirement that degrees be from a U.S.-accredited college or university. Foreign degrees may be accepted when accompanied with a credential evaluation report. A listing of authorized evaluation reports can be obtained at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website at http://www.naces.org/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification (I-9) document form upon hire. Police/court clearance will be required upon job offer.
Subject to availability of funds
Applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. If there are no qualified applicants or the set of qualified applicants is deemed an insufficient pool, the closing date will be extended for two-week periods for further submission and review of applications until the search is closed. Deadlines that fall on a non-business day will be extended to the next business day.