Department: Social Sciences & Fine ArtsJob Status: Full-TimeFLSA Classification: Non-ExemptPay Level & Step: 09/01-02Annual Salary: $23,194.27 - $24,006.07Location: As Terlaje Campus, SaipanOpening Date: September 14, 2021Closing Date: September 28, 2021 or Until Filled
About this Position
This position is located in Building K (NMC) and is under the direct supervision of the Social Sciences and Fine Arts Department Chair.
- Associate’s Degree plus two (2) years of secretarial/office management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong computer background including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, and database, preferably Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications.
- Able to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, and other college stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while maintaining composure under stressful conditions.
- Completes and prioritize tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Takes initiative and works both independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to present information in a clear and professional manner.
- Evidence of commitment to collaboration and transparency and evidence of effective collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Provides effective phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities.
- Assists the Department Chair in coordinating administrative officer services, such as personnel, housekeeping, and record control.
- Prepares the department’s travel authorizations, travel vouchers, work orders, purchase orders, other documents, and miscellaneous correspondence as required.
- Assists during registration and inputs data into computerized student files.
- Distributes, scans, and compiles comments on Course Evaluations.
- Makes copies of and files correspondences and other printed matter, and assembles materials.
- Takes, types, and distributes minutes for department meetings.
- Responds to reported absences of department personnel.
- Monitors any work-study students’ timesheets and handles other necessary communication involving work-study students.
- Receives visitors, answers the phone, and operates computers.
- Gives input to the Department Chair concerning the budget, orders supplies, and updates department budget records.
- Facilitates communication between the department and other NMC Department Chairs, faculty and offices.
- Picks up and drops off materials on campus.
- Relieves the Department Chair of clerical and minor administrative and business details.
- Receives and consolidates all departmental timesheets and prepares them for the approval of the Department Chairs.
- Attends staff training opportunities available at NMC.
- Coordinates classroom assignments, maintenance, and security.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position
Must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The individual in this position will frequently communicate with students and their colleague(s) in order to exchange information in various situations. Occasionally lifts office products and supplies, weighing up to 10 Ibs.
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment may vary.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Deadlines that fall on a non-business day will be extended to the next business day.
All post-secondary education degrees must be from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution. It is our requirement that degrees be from a U.S.-accredited college or university. Foreign degrees may be accepted when accompanied with a credential evaluation report. A listing of authorized evaluation reports can be obtained at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website at http://www.naces.org/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification (I-9) document form upon hire. Police/court clearance will be required upon job offer.