Vacancy Re-AnnouncementDepartment: Office of Institutional EffectivenessJob Status: Full-TimeFLSA Classification: Non-ExemptPay Level & Step: Grade 20 / Step 01-02Annual Salary: $39,256.46 - $40,630.43Location: As Terlaje Campus, SaipanOpening Date: December 15, 2023Closing Date: Until Filled
About this Position
This is a staff position. The Northern Marianas College Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is seeking a Data Reporting Analyst under the direct supervision of the OIE Director and works closely with the IT Department, performing various data support tasks and specialized projects requiring a high degree of technical knowledge, skill, and independent judgment. Provides administrative support to selected research and planning functions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, social sciences, business/economics, social or educational research, or a related field, along with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in IT or possession of certificates within the IT related field.
- Experience in post-secondary education is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Knowledge and experience with R programming a plus.
- Research methods and techniques, preferably as they pertain to institutional research in higher education.
- Technical and research report writing methods, creating dashboards, including content, organization, and styles.
- Descriptive and introductory inferential statistical methodologies and practices.
- Computer-based data management systems, preferably database, statistical, and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English while utilizing proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Presentation techniques including multimedia and web publishing.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and record keeping and the operation of standard office equipment such as computers, printers, digital scanners, and calculators.
- Perform data extraction, manipulation, calculation, and basic-level analysis following standards of research practice.
- Review and verify data with efficiency, thoughtfulness, and accuracy; recommend review and revision of data as needed.
- Effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Work accurately and efficiently under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Work cooperatively and supportively with others.
- Approach problems and research studies with objectivity.
- Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Exercise good judgment, tact, courtesy, and patience.
- Work independently with limited direction.
- Search both electronic and hardcopy information sources.
- Reason logically and creatively and apply that logic to research topics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities.
- Perform a variety of research, reporting, and statistical functions including but not limited to COVID-19 and post-pandemic data.
- Produce reports containing summary data in graphical, tabular, and narrative forms. Update standard reports annually, such as high school, regional, and college data.
- Perform data entry and manipulation of data using database and spreadsheet applications/software, including application of formulas and functions, and utilization of data queries.
- Extract data from internal databases and transfer data to other applications, such as Excel, for analysis.
- Download, organize, and evaluate data from external sites.
- Compile and upload datasets for various external agencies.
- Review data for accuracy and consistency. Specific examples of current systems used (not conclusive): Evisions Argos and Ellucian PowerCampus or existing Student Information System.
- Coordination, submission, and oversight of SIS (Student Information Systems) reporting.
- Build Argos reports or specific reports required for institutional reporting.
- Support data management of databases and sources.
- Create dashboards for key datasets and performance indicators.
- Monitors report due dates and establishing timelines to ensure the office complies, preparing reports for submission, and working with content experts to resolve data errors.
- Follow ethical standards for research including ensuring the security of data, protecting student privacy and human subjects of research and maintaining the confidentiality of unitary data.
- Learn business systems by attending vendors’ training.
- Operate a variety of office equipment and machines such as personal computers, calculators, photocopiers/digital scanners, printers, and optical mark readers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position
Must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The individual in this position will frequently communicate with students and their colleague(s) in order to exchange information in various situations. This role may entail extended periods of seated work. Occasionally lifts office equipment, furniture and miscellaneous products and supplies, weighing up to 10 Ibs.
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment may vary. The employee may be tasked to work outdoors in the sun and heat, on or around wet surfaces, and other areas exposed to the elements.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Deadlines that fall on a non-business day will be extended to the next business day.
All post-secondary education degrees must be from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution. It is our requirement that degrees be from a U.S.-accredited college or university. Foreign degrees may be accepted when accompanied with a credential evaluation report. A listing of authorized evaluation reports can be obtained at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website at http://www.naces.org/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification (I-9) document form upon hire. Police/court clearance will be required upon job offer.