Northern Marianas College Board of Regents
In accordance with Northern Marianas College’s policies pertaining to the nomination of new members to the Northern Marianas College Board of Regents, the Regent Nominating Committee is seeking prospective candidates who are interested in serving as a Regent.
Pursuant to 3 CMC Subsection 1311, the current vacancies require that candidates be residents of Saipan, Rota and Tinian respectively. The vacancy will represent the following:
- One Seat representing: Private Sector
- One Seat representing: Rota
- One Seat representing: Tinian
Interested applicants must also demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Northern Marianas College and knowledge of higher education. Accreditation guidelines also requires that board members of the governing board must understand, accept, and fulfill fiduciary responsibilities to act honestly, in good faith, and in the best interest of the institution toward achievement of its mission, as well as, possess general financial skills and knowledge in order to oversee planning, budgets, and audits. To this end, the College is seeking board members who are able to (WSCUC Governing Board Policy):
- Fulfill its fiduciary, legal, and oversight responsibilities.
- Make fiscal decisions after a careful balancing of interests in light of its responsibility to oversee the institution’s primary focus on and support of student achievement.
- Create and adhere to conflict of interest policies consistent with best practices in higher education.
- Reflect areas of competence in board membership as needed to fulfill its responsibilities to the institution.
- Establish, review, and revise, as necessary, key institutional plans and policies.
- Review and consider reasonable and relevant interests of the institution’s internal and external constituencies during its decision-making deliberations.
- Maintain and honor clear policies on shared governance.
- Review and adopt or reaffirm the institution’s mission and vision statements.
- Comply with regulations regarding board structure and governance.
- Maintain the autonomy of the institution.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Executive Secretary to the Board of Regents
P.O. Box 501250, Saipan, MP 96950
Deadline: Ongoing until positions are filled.