Department: Information Technology
Job Status: Full Time (Limited Term)FLSA Classification: ExemptPay Level & Step: Executive Grade 01/Steps 01-04Annual Salary: $55,000 - $60,979.48Location: As Terlaje Campus, SaipanOpening Date: September 10, 2021Closing Date: Until FilledEmployment available until September 30, 2023 and is contingent upon the availability of funds.
About this Position
Under the direction of the Vice President of Administration and Advancement, the Director of Information Technology will provide leadership for the planning and implementation of information technology services and programs to support the learning mission of the College. The Director will oversee the development of technology resources to support and improve the College's instructional and administrative programs and services. The Director will provide leadership in the development of technologies and programs to support and improve student learning. This position requires a combination of education and management level technical knowledge and experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education recognized accredited institution in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Business Administration, or Information / Educational Technology.
- Must have three (3) years in a business or education IT operations environment, plus three (3) years of high level management experience.
- Possess IT industry certifications (ex: CISCO or Microsoft, etc…)
- Experience with enterprise reporting systems
- Experience with online student registration
- Experience in strategic planning related to technology
- Experience with multiple computing platforms used in education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate effective phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Must have strong computer background including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, and database, preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access software applications.
- Able to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, and other college stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while maintaining composure under stressful conditions.
- Completes and prioritize tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Takes initiative and works both independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to present information in clear and professional manner.
- Knowledge of learning-technology theory and application.
- Knowledge of IT applications and technologies used to support teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of IT applications and technologies used to support administrative and student services, including student information systems.
- Knowledge of current developments and new directions in educational technology
- Ability to communicate a vision and understanding of the role of computing and technology in an academic environment.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and coordinate with other individuals while exercising initiative, diplomacy, tact, creativity, and balance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities.
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of technology services to college instructional and administrative communities
- Works with faculty and staff to develop and implement technology plans and initiatives in support of the learning mission of the College
- Works with Distance Learning Education to further the development and delivery of technology-supported instruction, including web-based courses, online learning resources, and curriculum redesign
- Leads the development of technology infrastructure to improve student access to computer and network resources
- Leads the development of distance learning infrastructure and programs
- Leads the development and delivery of technology training programs for faculty and instructional support staff
- Leads the development and delivery of administrative support technologies and training
- Leads the development of technology resources to support evaluation and assessment processes at the College
- Develops and recommends technology policies, standards, and protocols
- Manages IT administrative and technical support staff which include Information Services Unit, Teaching and Learning Center, and Media Services
- Communicates the status of technology plans and initiatives to college constituents
- Provides advice and education to other College leaders on technology issues
- Networks with outside agencies and individuals to improve and enhance the institution's technological foundation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position
Must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The individual in this position will frequently communicate with students and their colleague(s) in order to exchange information in various situations. Occasionally lifts office products and supplies, weighing up to 10 Ibs.
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment may vary.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Deadlines that fall on a non-business day will be extended to the next business day.
All post-secondary education degrees must be from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution. It is our requirement that degrees be from a U.S.-accredited college or university. Foreign degrees may be accepted when accompanied with a credential evaluation report. A listing of authorized evaluation reports can be obtained at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website at http://www.naces.org/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification (I-9) document form upon hire. Police/court clearance will be required upon job offer.