Department: Office of Institutional EffectivenessJob Status: Full-TimeFLSA Classification: ExemptPay Level & Step: 22/01-02Annual Salary: $43,197.84 - $44,709.77Location: As Terlaje Campus, SaipanOpening Date: September 9, 2021Closing Date: Until Filled
About this Position
This is a staff position. The Institutional Researcher/Evaluator will support the College's collection, retention, processing, and interpretation of data in order to improve the institution's delivery of services and capacity to collect, analyze, and use information effectively. The successful candidate will work in a diverse multicultural environment under the direction of the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. The successful candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and in a team setting. Also, the successful candidate must be able to work with multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Master’s degree from a U.S. Department of Education recognized accredited institution in Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Systems, quantitative social science, or related discipline, plus two (2) years related experience in handling data reporting and other administrative tasks in a data team and preparing comprehensive written reports based on research results. Must have at least one (1) year of experience working in a research or analytical environment in higher education. Must have at least one (1) year of experience working with a statistical software package, preferably SPSS, and proficiency in Excel. Must be familiar with postsecondary institutional information needs and exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills. Possess the ability to complete multiple/complex tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have experience in program review and outcomes assessment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and data reporting and visualization tools.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google data analytics is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, staff, faculty, and other college stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal abilities, and outstanding written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while maintaining composure under stressful conditions.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to contextualize data requests and communicate findings in a meaningful way.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Completes and prioritizes tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Takes initiative and works both independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to present information in a clear and professional manner.
- Evidence of commitment to collaboration and transparency; and
- Evidence of effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributes and promotes a positive and professional working environment and relationship with the college community and promotes a positive representation of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Learning & Student Success Division and NMC.
- Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities.
- Performs research studies that support planning, evaluation, budgeting, and policy formation.
- Shares the research workload and monitors data integrity.
- Develops and implements strategies for evaluating key performance outcomes for institution-wide improvement.
- Works with College leaders to refine and further institutional measures of effectiveness.
- Presents data and information to a variety of audiences for policy and decision-making.
- Participates in the review and improvement of institutional planning and research efforts to ensure continuous quality improvement in NMC’s programs and services.
- Facilitates the development of various assessment instruments, including surveys and questionnaires for institutional planning, research and evaluation purposes.
- Documents the sources and quality of data gathered by other individuals, groups, offices, or agencies to ensure the accuracy of the data on which he/she relies to offer meaningful suggestions for institutional improvement.
- Extracts, cleans, transforms, and manages data.
- Prepares, analyzes, interprets, and presents data to various audiences using tables, charts, and narrative reports.
- Consults and makes recommendations on analyses, reporting, data visualization, dashboard development, and strategic and annual planning.
- Participates in college-sponsored professional development activities, keeps abreast of trends and practices related to his/her own professional skills, knowledge, and performance.
- Assists Deans, Directors, Faculty and staff in construction of reliable and valid research instruments.
- Administers internal and external data collection instruments including telephone interviews, printed surveys, electronic surveys (Internet), and focus groups in accordance with applicable federal and local laws and College policy.
- Maintains electronic and hardcopy data files and reports in compliance with College retention policy, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, HIPAA, and FERPA.
- Provides effective customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions of the Position
Must be able to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The individual in this position will frequently communicate with students and their colleague(s) in order to exchange information in various situations. Occasionally lifts office products and supplies, weighing up to 10 Ibs.
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment may vary.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the closing date. Deadlines that fall on a non-business day will be extended to the next business day.
All post-secondary education degrees must be from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution. It is our requirement that degrees be from a U.S.-accredited college or university. Foreign degrees may be accepted when accompanied with a credential evaluation report. A listing of authorized evaluation reports can be obtained at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website at http://www.naces.org/
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification (I-9) document form upon hire. Police/court clearance will be required upon job offer.