Register for NMC's Summer 2021 Semester!
Hafa Adai and Tirow Woomi!
Summer 2021 Class Schedule
Summer 2021 Calendar
|June 21 - 26, 2021||Welcome Week / First week of instruction: last week to add courses, or drop courses with a refund (No refund after this week)|
|July 02, 2021||Unofficial Withdrawal (UW) Reporting Deadline|
|July 04, 2021||Independence Day (Observed Holiday - No Classes) [Observed July 05, 2021]|
|July 09, 2021||Last Day to Withdraw|
|July 12 - July 17, 2021||Course and Instructor Evaluations|
|July 31, 2021||Last Day of Instruction|
|August 02 - August 07, 2021||Final Exam Week|
|August 12, 2021||Final Grades Due|
Summer 2021 Registration Steps
Step 1: Meet with your Academic Advisor
- Before meeting with your advisor, be sure to clear all HOLDS on your student account.
- Holds can be viewed by logging into your Proa Portal account. Holds may be placed on your account if you have any pending books, charges, required documents from the following departments: Library, Bookstore, Finance Office, Academic Sanction (Counseling Office), Office of Admissions & Records
- After clearing holds, make an appointment with your advisor.
- An advisor was assigned to you upon admission to the College. Your advisor will review your status and degree program requirements and offer suggestions for course enrollment. Your advisor will also release your registration hold or authorize you to register using Proa Portal. Have copies of your English and Math Placement score reports if a level is not indicated on your portal. Advisor contacts are listed below.
New and Readmitted Students:
- Take the Placement Test.
- See placement test information below.
- Make an appointment with your advisor.
- An advisor was assigned to you upon admission to the College (if you have not been assigned an advisor, please contact the Office of Admissions and Records – see contact information above). Your advisor will review your status and degree program requirements and offer suggestions for course enrollment. Your advisor will also release your registration hold or authorize you to register using Proa Portal. Have copies of your English and Math Placement score reports if a level is not indicated on your portal.
- If you do not have a Proa Portal account set up, please contact the IT Learning Technologies Section anytime between 8am and 12pm and 1:30pm and 5pm, to get an account created for you.
- Prior to registering for classes, be sure to attend orientation for new and readmitted students.
Step 2: Select courses to add to your schedule using Proa Portal
- To register for classes, access your Proa Portal account at this link: www.marianas.edu/ProaPortal
- Go to the “Find Courses” link, Summer 2021 Registration Period, and proceed with customizing your search for available courses for the upcoming semester. Add courses to your cart. You may change your course schedule (add or remove courses) up until June 18, 2021 using Proa Portal. Any changes after this date must be made using paper-based forms with appropriate signatures. See the SUMMER ACADEMIC CALENDAR above for registration dates.
Step 3: Review and finalize your course schedule
- Upon reviewing the courses added to your cart, go to “Proceed to Registration” link to finalize your schedule. To view and print your schedule, click on the “Classes” tab on the Proa Portal home page and select schedule.
Step 4: Make payment
- For more information regarding payments, please visit: http://www.marianas.edu/tuition-fees
Ongoing students are scheduled to register ahead of new and readmitted students as published in the NMC catalog. Ongoing students who receive permission to register from their advisors may access the online Proa Portal to register for courses online at anytime during the registration period. New and Readmitted students must meet with an advisor prior to gaining access to the online course registration system (Proa Portal).
Additional Information for New and Re-Admitted Students
Course Overload Instructions
Students can register for up to 18 credits with the academic advisor’s approval. Students can register for 19-22 credits with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and submission of a completed Request for Course Overload form which must be approved by both the student’s academic advisor and by the department chair for the student’s program.
Add, Drop, and Withdrawal Procedures
Follow these steps if you’d like to add or drop any class from your schedule during and after the first week of classes.
- Students may add/drop courses on the proa portal up to June 18, 2021.
- To withdraw from courses contact your advisor or counselor, after communicating with either your advisor or counselor submit a withdrawal from to the Office of Admissions and Records (OAR). Electronic Forms are available at the OAR web page. Changes should be reflected on your proa portal.
Waitlist Steps and Tips:
The registration feature in the Proa Portal allows you to get on a waitlist for classes that are full provided you take the following steps:
- A course that is full will have a “Wait” button instead of “Add”. Click on “Wait” to include this course in “My Cart” as a Waitlist Item. Your waitlist item(s) will remain with the status, “On Waitlist”, as long as the class remains full.
- When a seat becomes available and you are next on the list for this seat, you will automatically be notified by e-mail that your status for the course in “My Cart” has changed to “Waitlist Pending”. In “My Cart”, check the box beside the course name and click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page. The course will now appear in “My Cart” with the status “Registered”. NOTE: You will have 24 hours to add the course.
If you decide you are no longer interested in taking the course, REMOVE yourself from the waitlist so that the next student will move up on the list.
Have a back-up plan in case a seat does not open up. There is no guarantee that a seat will become available.
If you chose to waitlist for a class, check your e-mail and “My Cart” daily. If you are notified that a seat is available, take action quickly. You will not automatically be registered once a seat becomes available. You will have 24 hours to register for the course (refer to Step 2 above) or the course will automatically be removed from “My Cart”. You are responsible for registering yourself for the course. Your advisor will not get an email and you will not automatically be registered.
The waitlist option will close, as will registration via the Proa Portal, one day prior to the first day of classes for the term.
NMC Placement Tests (Math & English)
For students who have taken NMC Placement Test, scores are accessible on your Proa Portal.
June & July Placement Test Schedule
(On Campus) [Appointment Only]
- 6/11/21 at 9:30 am
- 6/14/21 at 1:30 pm
- 6/16/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 6/18/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 6/21/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 6/22/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 6/29/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/7/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/8/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/14/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/16/21 at 9:30 am
- 7/19/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/21/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/27/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/28/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
- 7/29/21 at 9:30 am / 1:30 pm
For more information re at-home placement testing via Zoom, click here.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, and the closure of the NMC Testing Center the following Temporary Placement Alternatives have been recommended by the Director of Enrollment Services and authorized by the Dean of Learning and Student Success:
For Students who have not taken the NMC Math Placement Test
Academic Advising Contact Information
Please click on the links below to obtain department contact information:
School of Education (SOE)
Language & Humanities Department
Sciences, Mathematics, Health & Athletics Department
Social Science & Fine Arts Department
Student and Finance Services Contact Information
Enrollment Services (Admissions, Registration and Testing)
Financial Aid Office (Grants and Scholarships)
Finance Office (Payments & Billing)
Learning Support Services (Counseling, Disability and International Support)
Questions? Concerns? Contact us…