Graduation is a very special time and a meaningful milestone in our students’ education and we want to celebrate that accomplishment, while adhering to governor’s executive orders regarding social gatherings, as well as recommendations by the CDC.
Friday, May 21, 2021
NMC will conduct a modified Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2020 & 2021
Due to COVID pandemic conditions, the ceremony will take place at three separate commencement sites: The Hyatt Regency, Saipan World Resort and Crown Plaza (Fiesta Resort).
Site 1: Saipan World Resort
- School of Business
(AA, AAS, and BS)
- Nursing Department
Site 2: Crown Plaza (Fiesta Resort)
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts - Health & PE
- Criminal Justice (UOG-BS)
- Criminal Justice (AA)
- Natural Resources Management
Site 3: Hyatt Regency Saipan
- School of Education
- Liberal Arts - Education
- Liberal Arts - Social Work
- 10:00 AM Arrival
- 10:30 AM Rehearsal
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Lunch
- 01:00 PM Start of Commencement
- You may participate in the 40th Commencement if you have met graduation requirements in Fall 2019, or Spring 2020 (Class of 2020) or in Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 (Class of 2021).
- Venue access and seating will be limited to graduates only.
- Guests and family members can watch the ceremony via live stream (NMC Facebook Page).
- Each graduate will be allotted time for individual photos with college administrators and faculty.
- A commencement ceremony compilation video will be made available to include the traditional graduation components.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
For your safety and the safety of everyone, all graduates, faculty, staff and guests at the commencement ceremony must adhere to the COVID-19 safety guidelines:
- Wear a mask at all times
- Sanitize your hands
- Practice social distancing
- Check your temperature at the entrance
Rehearsal is very helpful to understand what the procedure will be for the actual ceremony. Rehearsal will be at 10:30am on the same day of graduation.
Magna/Summa/Cum laude honors cords will be provided to students who meet academic standing requirements, and will be provided onsite
Due to COVID-19 protocols, venue access and seating will be limited to graduates and program personnel. Lunch accommodations will be provided to graduates between 11:00am and 12:30pm. The ceremony will begin at 1:00pm. Upon the completion of the ceremony each graduate will be allotted time for individual photos with College administrators and faculty. This moment will be captured by a professional photographer and filmed by the college.
Caps, Gowns & Honors Cords
Faculty & Staff Site Assignment
Saipan World Resort
School of Business, Nursing, and Languages & Humanities faculty
Crown Plaza Hotel
Liberal Arts (SMHA), Criminal Justice and Natural Resource Management faculty
Hyatt Regency Saipan
School of Education and Social Science and Fine Arts faculty
NMC staff, administrators and non-instructional faculty will be assigned by the graduation committee.