NMC Students and Employees:
At this time, Saipan, Tinian, and Rota are still under Typhoon Condition I. Please see the attached releases from the CNMI Office of the Governor and the CNMI Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office for more information about the weather update.
Due to the ongoing threat of Typhoon Bolaven, Northern Marianas College campuses on Saipan, Tinian, and Rota will continue to be closed on Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2023. Updates regarding the reopening of all campuses will be promptly announced.
Once the “all clear” declaration has been issued, College employees should stand ready to report to work to assess any potential damage and assist with repairs as needed to their respective workspaces in order to prepare college sites on all islands to safely reopen for students and community members.
The College will continue to monitor the weather through emergency management agencies. Please continue to take precautionary measures as heavy winds, rain, and flooding continue. Further updates will be provided when available. Updates regarding class schedules and other announcements will be made through student and employee email (@marianas.edu) and the following platforms:
1. NMC website
2. NMC Facebook Page
3. NMC Instagram
4. News outlets including radio stations
For additional information, visit the following:
- CNMI EOC State Warning Point Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnmieocswp/
- CNMI Office of the Governor Website: https://governor.gov.mp/
- CNMI Office of the Governor Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnmigovernor
- NWS Website: https://www.weather.gov/gum/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center Website: https://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/jtwc.html