- For Praxis/GRE/TOEFL:ETS COVID-19 Update
- For SAT:SAT COVID-19 Update
- For ACT:ACT COVID-19 Update and Resources
- For PSI Online/PAN Testing:PSI Online COVID-19 Update
- For SCANTRON/Castle Worldwide Testing:Scantron News and Updates
- For LSAT/MPRE:LSAC Updates
Incoming freshmen and transfer students may need to take an ACCUPLACER placement test for mathematics and/or English, to ensure they begin with courses that match their academic needs. Placement tests and developmental courses may be required whether you are studying on campus or online. Other placement methods include the transcript placement alternative method (transcript evaluation) and CLEP.
English course descriptions and guides may be viewed on page 82 of the NMC Academic Catalog 2019-2023. Mathematics course descriptions and guides may be viewed on page 87 of the NMC Academic Catalog. To view the English and mathematics flow charts, please click here.
Schedule Your Placement Test
- Schedule your English/math placement test via Google Forms here.
- Complete the Placement Test Inquiry Form via Google Forms here.
- You will receive a confirmation email via Google calendar containing the following information: what to expect on test day, test preparation, rules and regulations, payment information, etc.
- Test Day! Report to the NMC Testing Center to take your placement test.
Temporary Placement Alternative
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the following Temporary Placement Alternatives have been recommended by the Director of Enrollment Services and authorized by the Dean of Learning and Student Success:
For Students who have not taken the NMC Math Placement Test
Testing Services is an authorized testing center for numerous national tests. Test schedules for national testing programs are provided below.
Paper-and computer-delivered exam proctoring is available by appointment only from Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. NMC Testing Services's fee for proctoring services is $10.00 per hour. Contact the Testing Coordinator to schedule an appointment.
Testing Services has eight computers that run on a separate network with its own dedicated internet speed. NMC Testing Services is closed on weekends, holidays and non-instructional days.
- Contact your college/university regarding procedures for proctored exams.
- Provide the NMC Testing Coordinator's contact information and other relevant information your college/university requests.
- Schedule an appointment with the Testing Coordinator at least two weeks in advance.
- The Testing Coordinator will create an invoice based on your test duration. Pick up the invoice from NMC Testing Services.
- Pay for the proctoring fees at the NMC Cashier (Bldg. N) prior to your testing appointment. Keep your receipt with your invoice.
- Bring your invoice and receipt to your test appointment.
- Failure to make payment will cancel your appointment.
- If you are not able to make your testing appointment, inform the Testing Coordinator so you may reschedule.
Test Center Regulations
- Candidates are required to be professional, civil and respectful at all times while on the premises of the test center. All exams are continuously monitored by video and audio recording, physical walk-throughs, and through the observation window. The Testing Coordinator is authorized to dismiss you from the test session for a violation of any of the Test Center Regulations.
- Original, valid (unexpired), government issued photo & signature bearing identification is required in order to take an exam.
- Unauthorized personal items may not be brought into the test room. Such items include, but are not limited to: outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, briefcases, notebooks, watches, cell phones, electronic devices, or wearable technology.
- Written notes, published materials and other testing aids are strictly prohibited in the test room.
- All materials issued by the Testing Coordinator must be returned at the conclusion of testing. Used scratch paper must be returned before new scratch paper will be issued by the Testing Coordinator or proctors during your exam.
- Talking to other candidates in the test room, referring to their screens, testing materials or written notes is strictly prohibited.
(Click on links below to view test dates and registration information)
Educational Testing Services
- Accuplacer ESL Reading Skills Practice test
- Accuplacer Sample Questions for Students
- Sample Questions
- Test Study Guide
- Tips and Resources
- ACCUPLACER Student Practice
- WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays
- ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Sample Questions
- ACCUPLACER Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics Sample Questions
- ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra and Functions Sample Questions
- TOEFL Practice Questions
GMAT Prep Guide