Governor Arnold I. Palacios has declared Typhoon Condition III for the islands of Saipan, Tinian, and Rota. Please see the attached advisory for more information regarding Tropical Depression 02W. Please note that if a Tropical Storm Condition II or a more severe condition (for example, Tropical Storm Condition I) is declared on Monday morning (May 22), the College will be closed for that day.
The College will continue to monitor the weather through emergency management agencies. Any new announcements will be made through the following platforms and media:
- NMC email (employee or student email)
- NMC website at www.marianas.edu
- NMC Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/nmc.proa
- NMC Twitter @GoProa
- News outlets including radio stations
Additionally, for weather updates and advisories, please visit
- CNMI Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office http://www.cnmihsem.gov.mp/
- NOAA National Weather Service http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center http://www.usno.navy.mil/JTWC
Thank you and remember always, stay safe, stay calm, and sail on.