As of 5:00 am this morning, Governor Arnold I. Palacios had maintained Typhoon Condition III for the islands of Saipan, Tinian, and Rota. As a precaution, should Condition II be declared later today, and with many College offices and workspaces already secured in a manner that may make it difficult to work on site, College supervisors are authorized, at their discretion, to allow employees in their respective programs and offices to telework today.
If Typhoon Condition II or a more severe condition (for example, Condition I) is declared later today, the College will be closed for the day. Please see the attached bulletin for more information regarding Typhoon Mawar.
The College will continue to monitor the weather through emergency management agencies. Any new announcements will be made through the following platforms and media:
- NMC email (employee or student email)
- NMC website at www.marianas.edu
- NMC Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/nmc.proa
- NMC Twitter @GoProa
- News outlets including radio stations
Additionally, for weather updates and advisories, please visit
- CNMI Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office http://www.cnmihsem.gov.mp/
- NOAA National Weather Service http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center http://www.usno.navy.mil/JTWC