At 1:00 pm today, Governor Arnold I. Palacios declared Typhoon Condition II for the island of Rota and Tropical Storm Condition II for the islands of Saipan and Tinian. Now that Condition II has been announced for these respective islands, the College will be closed until further notice. Please see the attached advisory for more information.
The College will continue to monitor the weather through emergency management agencies. Any new announcements will be made through the following platforms and media:
- NMC email (employee or student email)
- NMC website at www.marianas.edu
- NMC Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/nmc.proa
- NMC Twitter @GoProa
- News outlets including radio stations
Additionally, for weather updates and advisories, please visit
- CNMI Homeland Security and Emergency Management Office http://www.cnmihsem.gov.mp/
- NOAA National Weather Service http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center http://www.usno.navy.mil/JTWC
Thank you and remember, always, stay safe, stay calm, and sail on.