Your Career Won’t Start Itself, Give it a jump start!
Whatever stage you are at in your career development, we are prepared to assist you every step of the way. We hope that you will find it helpful, but moreover, we hope you’ll see us and get your future started!
Career Center is your passport to your profession! We provide an on-campus site for students to explore and pursue their career goals. Whether you are just beginning to think about careers or applying for student employment, internships, and more!
We can help with:
- Career counseling and guidance;
- Career Assessment, Career and Education Planning, Career Development: Kuder Journey [https://journey.kuder.com]
- Workshops and events: Resume and cover letter writing, Interview Preparation, Career Fair, and more;
- Student Employment aka Work Study and Internship Programs;
- Outreach and awareness;
- Job Placement and Graduate Tracking;
- and so much more!
Want to work part-time while attending NMC?
- Must have a declared major;
- Have completed 15 college credits;
- Enrolled for 12 academic credits or more for Fall or Spring semesters, and show an intention to attend the Fall during Summer semester;
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher as required by the department. For academic tutors, an accumulative GPA of 3.5, completion of EN101 and MA132 is required;
- Complete the 3 Career Assessments on the Kuder Journey;
- And, submit a current resume.
- Email a completed Student Employment Application (see attached) with your resume to the hiring department of your choice.
- Hiring departments are responsible for contacting applicants for a virtual interview.
- Upon the hiring department’s selection, student employees will be given a notification and given further supporting documents to complete: confidentiality form, I9, W4, etc.
Student Employment Documents