The Northern Marianas College (NMC) is committed to ensuring, through a variety of services, access facilities and programs to students with either permanent or temporary disabilities. The Disabilities Support Services (DSS) coordinates with NMC’s accommodations for students with documented disabilities. Accommodations are determined on a case by case basis at the request of the student. Current and prospective students interested in receiving more information regarding services for students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Disability Support Services.
Accommodations are provided for students with documented disabilities and vary based on individual needs.
Types of Reasonable Accommodations:
- Extended time with breaks
- Alternate testing location
- Note Taker
- Preferential seating in class
- Advance Notice of Scheduled Assignments
- Participation in Early Registration
- One-on-one tutoring
- Accessible Table and Chairs
- Frequent Breaks as needed
- Tape recording
- Copy of instructors notes and lectures
- Alternate formats for test
- Staggered Exams
- NMC accessible Parking
- ASL Interpreter
How do I apply?
It’s easy! Just follow these simple steps
- Go to building G and speak to the DSS Counselor, Ms. Lucille
- Self-Identify (What is your disability and what kind of accommodations do
- you need?)
- Provide your supporting documents
- Documentation from a licensed physician, licensed psychologist, or licensed therapist that states your diagnosis or disability
- You may provide your IEP if you have one IF there is an attached document from a licensed physician that supports your IEP (Individualized Educational Plan)
What happens next?
- Your documents will be reviewed and assessed for approval
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered based on your need