Student organizations and clubs offer opportunities for students to meet and connect with not only each other but also the campus and resources that promote a sense of belonging. Being part of a student organization empowers students to be active at NMC while developing skills for success. Whether you are involved in environmental activism, business, sports, there is something for everybody to enrich campus life here at NMC.
Types of student organizations
Students create, lead, and run their own organizations, so the number of possible groups is limitless. Students have started organizations focused on:
- Professional growth and majors
- Service and volunteerism
- Ethnic and cultural heritage
- Environmentalism and sustainability
- Religion and spirituality
- Social / Just for fun
- Art & Music
- Gender and Sexuality
- Community Activism
Starting a new student organization
If you have an interest that doesn't fit any of our existing organizations, you have another great option. Students can start a new organization and we can help. The process is easy.
- Fill out the Student Organization Charter form
Current Student Organization Leaders
Below are some commonly needed resources for current student organization leaders. You can:
- Request additional event or conference funding from Office of Student Activities & Leadership Club Activity Form & Funding Request
- Get a downloadable copy of the Student Organization Handbook here
- Get an overview of the student organization budget request process
Ways to connect with student organizations
There are a number of ways you can connect with student organizations. Our office can always help, but here are a few ways you can start getting involved.
- Check out the Student Clubs Directory. You'll find a list of all of our organizations and contact information for their student leaders.
- Visit the Student Involvement Fair at the beginning of each semester (August & January). Student Organizations are invited to display information and recruit new members. The Student Involvement Fair is a great way to check out what's happening outside of the classroom and to join an organization!
- Watch the walls for flyers featuring events sponsored by student organizations.
- Keep an eye out for emails from student organizations that are sent to your NMC student email account