In collaboration with the Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) and the Governor’s COVID-19 Task Force, the Northern Marianas College has continued to implement protocols to protect the health and safety of the entire Proa Tribe. These protocols have included mandatory vaccinations for students and employees, sanitation stations placed throughout the campus, social distancing practices, and other measures.
The Governor’s COVID-19 Task Force and CHCC have recently announced that the CNMI is now in a COVID-19 Community Level Medium in line with CDC guidance. In line with this announcement, the College is updating its new COVID-19 protocols to reflect the following:
- All employees, students, and visitors are not required to wear a mask indoors or outdoors while on campus. However, any individual can wear a mask indoors based on personal preference, as informed by one’s personal level of risk.
- If you are immunocompromised or have a high risk for severe disease, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask.
- If you are sick and need to be around others or are caring for a family member who has COVID-19, wear a mask.
As a reminder, the following protocols continue to remain effect:
- All employees and students (enrolled in in-person classes) must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption. The College also encourages its employees and students to stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
- The College supports fully in-person operations. College leadership will continue to maintain flexibility in determining split between remote (teleworking) and in-person work.
- All employees and students should stay home if they are sick. If they are not feeling sick, they should report for in-person classes or for work.
- Employees are expected to return to campus for work, unless approved by their direct supervisor to telework from home.
- College leadership retains flexibility to adapt its operations as community health conditions require.
Please see the attached release for more information.