The college has recently received notification that an NMC student has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. Contact tracing activities are being conducted to determine the extent of the outbreak. Other safety protocols are being carried out by our Facilities team and other departments at the College.
While all of these preventive measures are occurring, we encourage you to remain calm but vigilant in staying informed and carrying out preventive measures. NMC campuses will remain open, however, we will keep you informed should this change.
At this time, supervisors are still authorized to allow employees to telework and/or instructors whose courses are face-to-face or have face-to-face components to continue virtual/online learning through December 4. Note that employees must secure approval from their respective supervisors in order to telework or continue with virtual/online learning, and students must await official notification from their instructors about any continuation of virtual/online learning.
We will continue to ramp up cleaning activities throughout the next few days and weeks as necessary. Instructors and students are advised to refrain from moving classroom furniture around as they have been strategically placed to ensure adequate physical distancing.
If you are concerned that you may have come in contact with someone who tested positive, you can contact the COVID-19 Task Force Contact Tracing Team Tip Lines at (670) 287-2274 or (670) 286-1729.
During this time, we ask that you take notice of the advisories below:
While on campus, please follow the College’s COVID-19 mitigation procedures and protocols.
All employees and students must continue to follow COVID-19 mitigation procedures and protocols, including wearing face masks/covers, observing physical distancing, and washing or sanitizing hands frequently. All employees and face-to-face students are also reminded to get vaccinated as recently mandated.
Help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
As always, note the following reminders/guidance to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our community:
- If you are part of a contact tracing activity, please do not come to campus. Report this immediately to your supervisor and the Director of Human Resources.
- Vaccinate if you have not already. Visit vaccinateCNMI.com for more information.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face cover in public spaces and common areas.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Rather than into your hand, cover your cough or sneeze with a bent elbow or handkerchief or into a tissue. Throw used tissue away immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As this is an evolving situation, please stay informed through official sources.
The situation is dynamic and quickly evolving. The information we share today may need to be updated in days or perhaps hours. Some of the timelines we identify may need to be moved up depending on circumstances that emphasize student and employee safety and well-being. Ensure that you continue to monitor OFFICIAL sources with the latest information, including the NMC email and website, NMC social media platforms, the CHCC, and the Centers for Disease Control. If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact your advisors or instructors if you are a student and the Human Resources Office if you are an employee.
More details and updates will be sent as needed to students and employees through their official NMC email accounts. Students and employees are asked to monitor and check their email regularly. Also, for the latest updates, please visit NMC’s website at www.marianas.edu, or follow NMC on Facebook (@nmc.proa), Instagram (@nmc.proa), and Twitter (@GoProa).