Phased Approach: NMC will continue to work closely with public health officials and government leadership to ensure a safe campus environment on all three islands. College leadership maintains the right to pause or move back in the implementation of this phase approach based on community health conditions.
Current Phase: Sailing Ahead
This means both the CNMI and NMC have a vaccination rate above 95%. The College will not shift to an in-person operational status with health and safety guidelines in place. The College will now shift to in-person operation status with health and safety guidelines in place.
- All employees and students are required to wear a facial covering on campus.
- All employees and face-to-face students must be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Faculty and staff support in-person operations. College leadership will continue to maintain flexibility in determining the split between remote (teleworking) and in-person work.
- Employees and students should stay home if they are sick or test positive for COVID-19. Employees and students who are sick or test positive should complete a daily symptom check as prescribed by the Commonwealth Healthcare Corporation (CHCC) and the Governor's COVID-19 Task Force.
- Employees should report for in-person work, unless approved by their direct supervisor to telework from home.
- On campus, indoor instruction resumes at 75% capacity.
- College leadership retains flexibility to adapt its operations as community health conditions require.
Download PDF version of the flowchart here.